Monday, March 23, 2009
Role reversals
In "Namaste" I was entertained by the number of role reversals that took place. The obvious ones are that Sawyer is now the leader while Jack occupies an inferior role. Along the same lines, Sawyer is head of security for Dharma while Jack is a janitor. Extending from Sawyer as alpha male, Juliet has won his heart while Kate is on the outside looking in. I was fond of these role reversals because I honestly don't like Jack or Kate. Neither one has any clue of what's going on but they're so stubborn and foolhardy that they often make hasty decisions that screw over everyone. One last reversal that I found particularly amusing is that Ben is now Sayid's prison attendant. Not only is it ironic that Ben has the upperhand, but he's like 8 years old! I'm sure Sayid is all but ready to tear his hair out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well put.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the whole Kate and Jack thing. They are two REALLY annoying characters and I'm happy now that Sawyer is leading the pack.
I'm also looking forward to seeing how Sawyer gets Sayid out of this jam...