Sunday, March 29, 2009
He's Our You
Prediction confirmed! Partially... With a little help from the podcast I stated in a March 24 post that I believed the title "He's Our You" most likely refers to Dharma's "communications officer." I knew that someone would direct that phrase at Sayid and I assumed that whoever "he" referred to was going to torture Sayid as a means of interrogation. I guess I had the general idea right but was a little too rigid in my thinking. Given that Dharma is a peace-loving, hippie research organization I should have known that they would not resort to such barbaric means as torture. Strangely, it made much more sense for them to have some psychedelic biochemist capable of producing a truth serum. What's great is that the serum worked and Sayid dished out everything. However, the notion that he's from the future seems so incredible that the Dharma people thought Sayid was simply tripping balls and blurting out nonsense. From the Orchid station orientation video we know that the Dharma Initiative eventually learns about the island's time-traveling capabilities. I wonder how much Sayid's interrogation and the presence of other people from the future will influence their island research.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment