It's been 7 episodes since Jack and Kate returned to the island and it's finally become clear that they're the cause of more trouble on the island. For Kate, it comes down to the interest she's shown in Ben since Sayid shot him. Roger rightfully found her concern for some "random" boy and her confidence that he would return to be suspicious. Following this interaction, I feel like Jack acted poorly when Roger shared his suspicion of Kate and Jack defended her. Roger asked if he should talk to Horace or LaFleur about her, but Jack equated his suspicion to the crazed thoughts of a drunk man. What Jack should have done was told Roger to talk to LaFleur. This would have probably comforted Roger to some extent to believe that the head of security had his eye on Kate and it would have prevented Roger from having reservations about Jack, which he probably does now.
So we haven't really seen the repercussions of Jack defending Kate just yet but we do know that he's responsible for Ben going over to the Others. I know we can blame Kate (of course), Juliet, Sawyer, and Sayid for this as well, but Jack is required by oath to help save all people in need of medical attention and he ignored his duty to get revenge.
I know I'm being unfair but Jack and Kate screw up everything so often that it has become intolerable. Sawyer should just put them in jail indefinitely and go on living his happy life, or at least hold them until he finds a way to get them back to their own time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I so completely agree! They are just screwing up everyone's lives. I'm starting to just pity Jack, because he just sucks at life. Also, on your other post about the island giving Miles his powers, I think you're right on the mark about that, I bet his dad put him in some magical magnetic microwave or something.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I agree also.
ReplyDeleteMy attitude is not as hostile towards Kate as it is Jack though at this point.
He seems like the biggest waste of life right now. He's doing nothing but taking up time...