Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Code Name for the Season 5 Finale Final Scene

So looking back at the title for my last post on this topic I feel like my brain temporarily shut off. Now that my brain is working better than it should, I've selected a more complete title for this post and will continue from here.

The results are in! Over 750 million people from around the world logged onto abc.com to vote for their favorite season 5 finale final scene code name. Sadly, Ms Judy Movie's favorite and mine, Smokey's Dorm Room, didn't make it. Apparently the majority of LOST fans aren't major fans of the smoke monster or don't like to toke up before/after/during LOST. That or the ones who do were all too high to go online and vote.
The lame-o's who did vote decided their third favorite was The Hooded Leprechaun, which I guess that could be a nickname for Charlie; their second favorite was The 5th Toe, probably because they want to learn more about the 4-toed statue; and the most popular finale final scene code name was The Fork in the Outlet. LOST fans, I expected so much more from you. In my opinion this is one of the most boring selections, hence my decision those of you who voted for it lame-o's. I'll admit that Damon and Carlton's defense for it was pretty good. They said like most LOST episodes and every season finale, when you stick a metal fork in an outlet you get a major, sudden shock and then everything goes black. While this may be a very appropriate metaphor, it so accurately describes nearly every LOST ending that it lacks imagination. Where's the playful spirit? How can we have any fun with this code name? I guess it's a good thing the people who voted on this code name are just fans and not the writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment