Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ajira Airlines and Lost

So I was on a fact-finding mission for my next post when I stumbled upon a fun piece of trivia. At the beginning of the January 21, 2009 LOST video podcast there is a brief introduction by an Ajira Airways representative. As you should know, having now watched "The Little Prince," an Ajira bottle washes up on the shore during this most recent episode. I wouldn't have discovered this plug had I not rewatched the podcast in search of a quote by Damon and Carlton. My reaction when I saw it was something along the lines of a Hurley, "Dude..." I'm actually glad I did find this reference because I have something to show for my work, seeing as I failed to find the quote.

As for the quote, it anyone reading this can help, it pertains to LOST taking a different approach to time travel than Heroes. Whereas you can change the course of history in Heroes, Damon and Carlton thought that would be unfair to the fans of LOST. How terrible would it be to undo one of the few things we actually understand? Anyway, if anyone can help me locate that quote I would be eternally greatful.

Namaste

Oh, before I forget, ABC made a website for Ajira Airways. It flies to some of our favorite destinations seen or mentioned in the show including: Ames, Iowa; Baghdad; Bangkok; Los Angeles; New York City; Portland; Rome; Santa Monica, CA; Seoul; Sydney; and Tustin, CA. It also lists Guam, Mexico City, Tokyo, and Wellington, New Zealand but I don't think we've ever seen or heard about them in the show. My predicition is that they'll come up before the series ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment